Those served by food banks in Ontario have, and should be made aware of, the following responsibilities:
- to be courteous and polite;
- to provide identification for each member of the family or each person that is served;
- to provide information requested by the member food bank within the guidelines of privacy and confidentiality as outlined in this policy;
- to abide by the policies and procedures of the member food bank;
- to inform the member food bank of any changes in personal status;
- to refrain from calling staff and volunteers at their homes; and
- to ask volunteers or staff to perform only those tasks that have been requested or approved.